- Kitchener, Ontario
- Apply by October 30, 2020
We all know that electricity is cheap at night and expensive during the day, but it's actually not that simple. The true cost of power is very cheap almost always, but extremely expensive for short 5-min intervals. At EnPowered, we predict when these price spikes happen in advance, and help our customers to reduce their usage when electricity is expensive to save up to 93% on their energy costs. EnPowered is live in Ontario and is expanding into new markets. We are looking to grow the team to continue helping our customers save over $40M per year, and also helping with the transition to the future electricity grid.
Our core team has built out our Ontario business, and we are now looking to grow the team as we expand into other North American markets. If you are passionate about energy and the environment, and you are looking for the opportunity to own a project, you will fit right in! We are located in the awesome Communitech building in downtown Kitchener-Waterloo (there’s a ping-pong table and a slide) and we often have fun team outings on Fridays.
We are looking for an energetic Account Executive to assist in the growth and development of our Channel Partner and Customer Sales across North America. This role has significant potential to grow and progress your career, within an innovative company that is growing rapidly.
What you'll do
EnPowered is expanding its sales efforts in the Canadian and U.S. markets, and your role will be to help us craft and execute our sales strategy. As a result, we are looking for relatively experienced individuals that are comfortable selling and adapting to new markets, whilst also helping to build our sales processes as we learn. Below is a rough guide for how we expect your role to look, but things are likely to change as you grow in your role.
Grow Your Channel Partner Portfolio
- Initially, you will work to reach out and build a portfolio of channel partners that you can work with across our target markets. You will aim to build a portfolio of 100-200 partners that see value in partnering with EnPowered to support their business, and their end-customers.
Manage your Channel Partner Portfolio and Grow our Customer base
- Once you’ve built your portfolio, you will further develop relationships with your partners, nurturing and supporting them as they learn about our products. You will present EnPowered to your partners customers, working together to secure new EnPowered customer deals, and demonstrating the value EnPowered provides to our partner and customers.
Support the Sales Team as We Grow
- Throughout your time at EnPowered, we will be optimizing our sales processes and strategies. You will help the team develop and improve based on your learnings in the market and prior experiences in other roles.
Who you are
- You have a degree in Science, Economics, or Business Administration
- You are comfortable cold calling, and learning on your feet
- You have experience in building rapport and establishing strong relationships with customers/partners
- You enjoy continuously learning and growing
- You are not afraid to give and receive feedback
- You have experience working in a fast paced channel or direct sales environment
- You are highly motivated, self-driven with a positive ‘never give up’ attitude
- You are excited to work hard and thrive in an exciting environment
- You are excited by change and are able to adapt to support organizational changes/priorities as we grow and expand
- You preferably are interested in and have prior experience in the energy market, and the future transition to a renewable energy grid
What we offer
EnPowered has health benefits, offers flexible schedules, regular team bonding events, a competitive salary, stock options, and a generous vacation policy.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and cover letter and to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, please let us know if you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process.