Business Development Director
- Apply by May 31, 2021
Most businesses pay their monthly electricity bill without understanding the details. As a licensed energy company, we developed a data - driven platform that gives businesses and their trusted partners the insights and tools they need to understand their bill. Understanding their bill helps large businesses unlock enormous savings opportunities. Last year alone, our customers saved $40 million and reduced 400 tons of CO2e.
Our core team has built out our Ontario business, and we are now looking to grow the team as we expand into other North American markets. If you are passionate about energy and the environment, and you are looking for the opportunity to own a project, you will fit right in! The team is currently working remotely at this time and will move forward with a flexible and hybrid working arrangement.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for establishing and achieving sales objectives, including revenue and new market growth, whilst developing sales force efficiency, increasing product and service sales volume and creating demand.
As a Director of Business Development you will be responsible for channel partner management, direct customer sales, and customer success across North America, with the core priorities being:
- Leading, managing and growing the Business Development team comprising of Account Executives, Business Development Representatives and Customer Success Representatives
- Setting, achieving and reporting on Sales Targets at a company, sales team and individual contributor level
- Sales strategy planning and execution for market and channel expansion, supporting new product growth and product launches
- Channel Partner Program management, ensuing we maximize the value for all EnPowered’s partners and maintain competitive with market conditions
- Customer Success Management and oversight, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction, reflected in strong customer engagement, retention and expansion results
- Managing timely and accurate internal and external commission reporting working with Finance
- Cross team communications to ensure alignment across key business areas including Marketing, Sales Enablement, Operations and Product
- CRM management/administration and oversight of Gong and PartnerStack tools
- Identifying training needs and implementing coaching, training and development programs for team leads and the sales team
- Ongoing process improvement and development to maintain high standards and maximize efficiency
Who you are
You are excited to bring your skills and experience to shape the future of the energy industry. To be effective in the role, these skills would be valuable:
- 8+ years of experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles, from business champion to CEO/CFO level
- Track-record of designing and over-achieving quota
- Experience with full cycle sales process, from prospecting, nurturing, negotiating and closing.
- Demonstrated aptitude to grasp technical concepts
- Strong leadership, coaching and development skills, with the ability to roll the sleeves up as an individual contributor as well as we venture into new markets and to support the team
- Superior planning and communication skills
- Ability to adapt communication and messaging in the moment and during interactions
- Experience working with the start-up ecosystem and venture backed companies is an asset
- Previous experience with SR&ED and/or other technology grants is a plus
- Energy, passion, humour, compassion and enthusiasm
- Experience with a CRM
What we offer
EnPowered has health benefits, offers flexible schedules and remote work options, regular team bonding events, a competitive salary, stock options, and a generous vacation policy.
EnPowered is committed to integration and equal opportunity. Accommodation is available to all applicants upon request throughout our recruitment process. Please contract email@example.com so we can work with you to accommodate your accessibility needs.
Know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!