- Remote - Canada
- Apply by June 07, 2022
We’ve developed the insights and tools businesses need to understand their electricity bill, helping large businesses unlock enormous savings opportunities. So far, our customers have saved $184 million and reduced 1,400 tons of CO2e. We also accelerate the adoption of cleantech by providing a no-upfront-cost alternative to acquire energy assets. Customers can enjoy energy savings from day one and the freedom to choose what portion of their savings they want to pocket right away, and how much goes to paying down their chosen solution each month.
Our core team has built out our Canadian business, and we are now looking to grow the team as we expand into other North American markets. If you are passionate about energy and the environment, and you are looking for the opportunity to own your work, you will fit right in! EnPowered is a remote first company as we move forward with a hybrid team model.
Our team of developers is focused on building-out, scaling, and managing our serverless, event-driven, microservices infrastructure on the AWS cloud platform. As part of the team, you will be focused on making the AWS cloud work really well for the team.
We are looking for people who are passionate about clean code, high quality software craftsmanship, Infrastructure-as-code, distributed systems, continuous delivery, Domain Driven Design and functional programming.
If you love a challenge, and you don’t mind taking ownership of a project, you’ll fit right in. If you also happen to be as passionate about energy and the environment as we are, then even better. You will be expected to:
- Work with the rest of the engineering team to build, scale and manage the platform
- Collaborate with other team members to establish pragmatic system boundaries and microservice contracts
- Guide and support the implementation and maintenance of the cloud infrastructure for applications on AWS
- Build and maintain automated delivery pipelines using bitbucket pipelines, bash scripts, the aws cli, and similar tools
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with systems in production
Who you are
- You have solid competence with AWS cloud services, — especially Cloudformation, Lambda, Dynamodb and API gateway, and IAM.
- You can quickly identify and adapt other services in the AWS cloud.
- Bonus points if you have experience with testing at scale in the AWS cloud.
- You have solid competence with event driven architectures and microservice patterns like command-query-responsibility-segregation (CQRS), process managers, and database-per-service.
- You have a thorough knowledge of HTTP and you are able to write services that integrate with other services using HTTP. If you happen to have good knowledge of other protocols like MQTT, and websockets, even better.
- You are willing to learn new technology, and adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
What we offer
EnPowered has health benefits, offers flexible schedules, regular team bonding events, a competitive salary, stock options, and a generous vacation policy.
EnPowered is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided by EnPowered throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities