- Kitchener, Ontario (remote)
- Apply by September 25, 2021
Most businesses pay their monthly electricity bill without understanding the details. As a licensed energy company, we developed a data - driven platform that gives businesses and their trusted partners the insights and tools they need to understand their bill. Understanding their bill helps large businesses unlock enormous savings opportunities. Last year alone, our customers saved $60 million and reduced over 1300 tons of CO2e.
Our core team has built out our Canadian business, and we are now looking to grow the team as we expand into other North American markets. If you are passionate about energy and the environment, and you are looking for the opportunity to own your work, you will fit right in! EnPowered is a remote first company as we move forward with a hybrid team model.
Our team of developers is focused on building-out, scaling, and managing our serverless, event-driven, microservices infrastructure on the AWS cloud platform. As part of the team, you will be focused on making the AWS cloud work really well for the team.
We are looking for people who are passionate about clean code, high quality software craftsmanship, Infrastructure-as-code, distributed systems, continuous delivery, Domain Driven Design and functional programming.
If you love a challenge, and you don’t mind taking ownership of a project, you’ll fit right in. If you also happen to be as passionate about energy and the environment as we are, then even better.
You will be expected to:
- Work with the rest of the engineering team to build, scale and manage the platform
- Collaborate with other team members to establish pragmatic system boundaries and microservice contracts
- Guide and support the implementation and maintenance of the cloud infrastructure for applications on AWS
- Build and maintain automated delivery pipelines using bitbucket pipelines, bash scripts, the aws cli, and similar tools
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with systems in production
Who you are
- You have solid competence with AWS cloud services, — especially Cloudformation, Lambda, Dynamodb and API gateway, and IAM.
- You can quickly identify and adapt other services in the AWS cloud.
- Bonus points if you have experience with testing at scale in the AWS cloud.
- You have solid competence with event driven architectures and microservice patterns like command-query-responsibility-segregation (CQRS), process managers, and database-per-service.
- You have a thorough knowledge of HTTP and you are able to write services that integrate with other services using HTTP. If you happen to have good knowledge of other protocols like MQTT, and websockets, even better.
- You are willing to learn new technology, and adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
What we offer
EnPowered has health benefits, a remote first work environment, regular team bonding events, a competitive salary and stock options.
Please let us know if you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process.