Energy Billing Analyst
- Remote - Canada
- Bill Analysis
- Apply by August 31, 2022
We’ve developed the insights and tools businesses need to understand their electricity bill, helping large businesses unlock enormous savings opportunities. So far, our customers have saved $184 million and reduced 1,400 tons of CO2e. We also accelerate the adoption of cleantech by providing a no-upfront-cost alternative to acquire energy assets. Customers can enjoy energy savings from day one and the freedom to choose what portion of their savings they want to pocket right away, and how much goes to paying down their chosen solution each month.
Our core team has built out our Canadian business, and we are now looking to grow the team as we have expanded into the United States. We also plan to enter the European market in the future. If you are passionate about energy and the environment, and you are looking for the opportunity to own your work, you will fit right in! EnPowered is a remote first company as we move forward with a hybrid team model.
We are looking for a new member for our bill analysis team at EnPowered. Your work will include a mix of research, problem solving, and operations This role is ideal for someone who loves to solve problems and riddles to relax, has excel files to track everything, or plays video games with lots of numbers and graphs
What you’ll do
As an Energy Billing Analyst you will:
- Thoroughly research the energy market for a specific region in North America. You will become the expert for this region when it comes to electricity billing and rates.
- Dig deeply into the billing details to reverse engineer electricity bills. You will need to figure out the combination of inputs (usage, rates, etc.) that deliver the correct output (bill total), while accounting for all the unique rules, exceptions, and calculation methods that each utility has.
- Clearly explain to the product team how to automate the reverse engineering of electricity bills after you have successfully decrypted them.
- Leverage your knowledge of how bills work to support the sales enablement and customer success teams in answering customer questions about billing.
- Analyze electricity prices over time to determine our exposure to market fluctuations.
Who you are
You are excited to bring your skills and experience to shape the future of the energy industry. To
be effective in the role, these skills would be valuable:
- You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment and taking on tasks that may not fit your job description.
- You have the proven ability to independently run your own projects from beginning to end.
- You have very strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate across teams.
- You are willing to make mistakes and learn on your feet.
- You have very advanced Excel skills, including strong knowledge of managing large files, manipulating Pivot Tables, and using Index functions.
- You have some knowledge of energy markets.
What we offer
EnPowered has health benefits, offers flexible schedules, regular team bonding events, a competitive salary, stock options, and a generous vacation policy.
EnPowered is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided by EnPowered throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities