Front End Developer
- Kitchener, Ontario (remote)
- Apply by November 05, 2021
Most businesses pay their monthly electricity bill without understanding the details. As a licensed energy company, we developed a data - driven platform that gives businesses and their trusted partners the insights and tools they need to understand their bill. Understanding their bill helps large businesses unlock enormous savings opportunities. Last year alone, our customers saved $60 million and reduced over 1300 tons of CO2e.
Our core team has built out our Canadian business, and we are now looking to grow the team as we expand into other North American markets. If you are passionate about energy and the environment, and you are looking for the opportunity to own your work, you will fit right in! EnPowered is a remote first company as we move forward with a hybrid team model.
Our team of developers is focused on building-out, scaling, and managing our serverless, event-driven, microservice infrastructure on the AWS cloud platform. As part of the team you will be focused on making the web work really well for our customers by taking responsibility for front end applications.
If you’re an intermediate to senior developer who loves a challenge, and you don’t mind taking ownership of a project, you’ll fit right in. If you also happen to be as passionate about energy and the environment as we are, then even better.
You will be expected to:
- Take responsibility for implementing and maintaining frontend components that deliver great user experiences to customers
- Support the evolution of our web platforms
Who you are
- You are able to apply good software development practices to achieve clean, cohesive, and well decoupled code, and you are dedicated to quality and craftsmanship
- You have solid competence with ReactJs, and are able to implement pragmatic and effective state management strategies in this framework.
- You have solid competence with HTML and CSS, bonus points for experience with TailwindCSS, GatsbyJs, NetlifyCMS & React-query
- You have solid competence with NodeJs and allied technology, especially NPM, Webpack, and babeljs
- You have a thorough knowledge of HTTP & REST, and you’re able to integrate Webservices into front end components in a clean and pragmatic way
- You are proficient with git, and the CLI.
- You are willing to learn new technology, and adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
What we offer
EnPowered has health benefits, a remote first work environment, regular team bonding events, a competitive salary and stock options.
Please let us know if you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process.