- Kitchener, Ontario (remote)
- Apply by August 20, 2021
Most businesses pay their monthly electricity bill without understanding the details. As a licensed energy company, we developed a data - driven platform that gives businesses and their trusted partners the insights and tools they need to understand their bill. Understanding their bill helps large businesses unlock enormous savings opportunities. Last year alone, our customers saved $60 million and reduced 1300 tons of CO2e.
Our core team has built out our Ontario business, and we are now looking to grow the team as we expand into other North American markets. If you are passionate about energy and the environment, and you are looking for the opportunity to own a project, you will fit right in! The team is currently working remotely and we will continue to be a remote first workplace.
What you’ll do
- Organize new and current legal documents
- Research markets to understand licensing requirements
- Complete and submit what will feel like a million forms to get us licensed
- Get EnPowered signed up with utilities, which includes following instructions posted online and calling the utility regularly to get it done
- Maintain good relationships with any contact we do have because they often assist us in the long term with reporting and filing requirements
- After getting licensed in a market, you will then also be responsible for regular filing requirements that are different for each market
- Thoroughly understand market specific regulations that EnPowered will need to follow in order to comply with all the rules
- Anything you do will require a lot of learning - nothing will be familiar!
What you’ll need
- Proven 2+ years working experience in a similar role
- University degree in any discipline or College diploma/certificate in a law clerk/legal administrative assistant or related program
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including spelling and grammar with a super strong attention to detail
- The ability and willingness to constantly call/email regulators to push our applications through the process (extreme persistence)
- Exceptional planning and organization skills, and the ability to coordinate and monitor a significant number of simultaneous tasks in an environment of shifting priorities as you will need to be good at keeping track of the many small tasks you have and prioritizing which ones to do first
- The ability to work independently and successfully complete numerous short and long-term assignments simultaneously in a team environment
- Learn how to figure things out on your own - what something means and how it works
- Have the ability to read a lot of really boring documents but know how to grab the main/best points and summarize so others can get the quick notes
What we offer
EnPowered has health benefits, a remote first work environment, regular team bonding events, a competitive salary and stock options.
Please let us know if you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process.