- Kitchener, Ontario
- Apply by January 15, 2021
Most businesses pay their monthly electricity bill without understanding the details. As a licensed energy company, we developed a data-driven platform that gives businesses and their trusted partners the insights and tools they need to understand their bill. Understanding their bill helps large businesses unlock enormous savings opportunities. Last year alone, our customers saved $40 million and reduced 400 tons of CO2e.
Our core team has built out our Ontario business, and we are now looking to grow the team as we expand into other North American markets. If you are passionate about energy and the environment, and you are looking for the opportunity to own a project, you will fit right in! We are currently located in the awesome Communitech building in downtown Kitchener-Waterloo. The team is working from home for the time being, but we are excited to get back when the time is right.
We are looking for a new member of our Product Management team to help support our existing product and build out a series of new products. We have a small, tightly knit team and are looking to add our second Product Manager. If you thrive in a startup environment where you have an immense amount of influence, this role is for you.
What you’ll do
As a Product Manager you will be responsible for:
- Bringing to life your vision for how the product should evolve and how EnPowered can offer incredible value to our customers
- Performing industry research to understand how the energy markets are evolving and how our product fits into the new opportunities
- Meeting regularly with customers to understand their needs and how that fits into our plans
- Working closely with our sales, marketing, and customer success teams to collect their feedback
- Coordinating with the design and development teams to help deliver upon your vision
Who you are
You are excited to bring your skills and experience to shape the future of the energy industry. To be effective in the role, these skills would be valuable:
- 2-3 years of product management experience in SaaS, enterprise, or software development
- Ability to work well with others from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds
- Willingness to make mistakes and learn on your feet
- Ability to move quickly and feel confident in your decisions
- Excellent organization and communication skills - both written and verbal
- Confidence in representing EnPowered with customers and helping them feel heard
- Ability to find what customers truly want, not what they say they want
In addition to the above, these skills would also be beneficial:
- Experience working in other regulated markets (e.g. insurance, banking, healthcare, etc)
- Knowledge of the energy market including energy programs and their participants
- An understanding of Jira and similar product management tools
- Experience working in a product organization focused on growth
What we offer
EnPowered has health benefits, offers flexible schedules, regular team bonding events, a competitive salary, stock options, and a generous vacation policy.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, please let us know if you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process.