Program Operations Manager
- Kitchener, Ontario
- Apply by March 26, 2021
Most businesses pay their monthly electricity bill without understanding the details. As a licensed energy company, we developed a data - driven platform that gives businesses and their trusted partners the insights and tools they need to understand their bill. Understanding their bill helps large businesses unlock enormous savings opportunities. Last year alone, our customers saved $40 million and reduced 400 tons of CO2e.
Our core team has built out our Ontario business, and we are now looking to grow the team as we expand into other North American markets. If you are passionate about energy and the environment, and you are looking for the opportunity to own a project, you will fit right in! We are currently located in the awesome Communitech building in downtown Kitchener-Waterloo. The team is working from home for the time being, but we are excited to get back when the time is right.
In this challenging and rewarding role, you will be expected to help manage energy programs across North America - delivering tens of millions in savings to our customers and reducing hundreds of tonnes of CO2e each year.
What you’ll do
As a Program Operations Manager you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring our control room on a daily basis
- Tracking energy usage, costs, congestion, and more in real-time energy markets across North America
- Understanding complex energy programs, the behaviour of these markets, and the behaviour of the large players operating in these programs
- Analyzing the results of our predictive algorithms, comparing them to real-time weather radar maps, and adjusting predictions based on changes in real-time events
- Supporting the team when making decision during market events, e.g. deciding whether to notify our customers to respond to a predicted spike in electricity prices
- Managing our portfolio of customers during events, which means sending out notifications to all customers that are affected by a price spike and ensuring that they are effectively responding to the event in order to capture savings
Who you are
You are excited to bring your skills and experience to shape the future of the energy industry.
To be effective in the role, these skills would be valuable:
- 3-5 years of experience in the energy sector
- You are able to work well under pressure, you will be helping to “call an event” where we are asking companies to shut-down operations based on our predictions - millions of dollars are lost if we are wrong
- Ideally you have an existing knowledge of the energy market including energy programs and their participants, but if not this can be taught
- Although your hours will normally be reasonable, during events you are willing to work longer hours in order to support our customers (e.g. these events are not very common, but they can happen as early as 7am and as late as 8pm up to 10 times per year)
- You have excellent organization and communication skills, both written and verbal - you will be expected to communicate frequently with customers in high-stress situations
- Ability to work well with others from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds
- Willingness to make mistakes and learn on your feet
- Ability to move quickly and feel confident in your decisions
What we offer
EnPowered has health benefits, offers flexible schedules, regular team bonding events, a competitive salary, stock options, and a generous vacation policy.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. In addition, please let us know if you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process.