Energy Programs Manager
- Remote - Canada
- Apply by August 31, 2022
We’ve developed the insights and tools businesses need to understand their electricity bill, helping large businesses unlock enormous savings opportunities. So far, our customers have saved $184 million and reduced 1,400 tons of CO2e. We also accelerate the adoption of cleantech by providing a no-upfront-cost alternative to acquire energy assets. Customers can enjoy energy savings from day one and the freedom to choose what portion of their savings they want to pocket right away, and how much goes to paying down their chosen solution each month.
Our core team has built out our Canadian business, and we are now looking to grow the team as we expand into other North American markets. If you are passionate about energy and the environment, and you are looking for the opportunity to own your work, you will fit right in! EnPowered is a remote first company as we move forward with a hybrid team model.
We are looking for a Program Operations Manager to join our Operations team. In this role, you are on the front-line, assessing electricity market conditions and applying EnPowered’s market-leading Programs solutions for peak prediction, demand response, and market pricing opportunities. This multifaceted role will also involve undertaking research to support enhancements to Program offerings. You are curious and keen to enhance your electricity expertise, developing and constantly improving your knowledge and understanding of electricity markets and how to improve the customer outcome.
Your efforts will directly reduce the electricity costs and environmental footprint of our customers - something you are sure to feel good about!
What you’ll do
As a Program Operations Manager you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing our control room on a daily basis
- Tracking energy usage, costs, congestion, and more in energy markets across North America, including IESO, PJM, NYISO, ERCOT and ISO-NE
- Analyzing the results of our predictive algorithms, comparing them to real-time data (e.g. weather radar maps) and applying expertise to the predictions
- Deciding on market calls, e.g. working independently or with others in deciding whether or not we predict a spike in electricity demand or prices and what to advise customers
- Managing our portfolio of customers during events, helping to ensure that they are effectively responding in order to capture savings
- Working closely with the Data Science and Product teams, you will constantly dig deeper to enhance our understanding of program dynamics to develop and/or enhance Program offerings or internal tools.
Who you are
You are excited to bring your skills and experience to shape the future of the energy industry. To be effective in the role, these skills would be valuable:
- 3-5 years of experience in the energy sector, with experience in energy markets preferred
- You have expert or near-expert knowledge of the design, drivers, participant behaviours, and other key aspects of complex electricity programs (e.g. Ontario’s Industrial Conservation Initiative) in at least one of EnPowered’s targeted ISO/RTO markets
- You have a strong knowledge and understanding of energy markets and related design
- Demonstrated aptitude for rapid learning of new markets
- You are able to work well under pressure, you will be helping to “call an event” where we are asking companies to shut-down operations based on our predictions
- Although your hours will normally be fairly routine, this position will apply some flexibility to work hours since during events you must be willing to work longer/different hours in order to support our customers. The application of flexibility is also done with a strong work-life balance in mind.
- You have excellent organization and communication skills, both written and verbal - you will be expected to communicate frequently with customers in, at times, high-stress situations
- Ability to work well with others from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds
- Willingness to make mistakes and learn on your feet
- Ability to move quickly and feel confident in your decisions
What we offer
EnPowered has health benefits, offers flexible schedules, regular team bonding events, a competitive salary, stock options, and a generous vacation policy.
EnPowered is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided by EnPowered throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities