Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Kitchener, Ontario (remote)
- Apply by September 17, 2021
Most businesses pay their monthly electricity bill without understanding the details. As a licensed energy company, we developed a data - driven platform that gives businesses and their trusted partners the insights and tools they need to understand their bill. Understanding their bill helps large businesses unlock enormous savings opportunities. Last year alone, our customers saved $60 million and reduced over 1300 tons of CO2e.
Our core team has built out our Canadian business, and we are now looking to grow the team as we expand into other North American markets. If you are passionate about energy and the environment, and you are looking for the opportunity to own your work, you will fit right in! EnPowered is a remote first company as we move forward with a hybrid team model.
What you'll do
As the talent acquisition specialist you will act as a trusted consultant to functional leaders to identify current and future hiring needs. You will also be required to work on:
- Work with the hiring team to ensure that we are running an inclusive hiring process that has diverse representation at all stages and creates a positive candidate experience for both successful and unsuccessful candidates
Inbound Recruiting Efforts
- Working in collaboration with hiring managers, build the job specifications and selection criteria for each role based on the current and future team composition and needs
- Lead the full-cycle recruitment process for each role, including sourcing, screening, coordinating candidate evaluation and final decision-making, the offer process, and ensure a smooth hand-off after onboarding
Outbound Recruiting Efforts
- Organize and attend recruitment events and activities for role-specific sourcing
Data Collection & Management
- Own recruitment data collection and analysis and leverage insights for process improvements
Who you are
We are looking for someone who has significant work experience as a Talent Acquisition Specialist at a tech company or similar role hiring for a diverse set of positions such as developers, professional roles across all functional areas, financial and executive roles, and undergraduate co-ops. You also have:
- Experience and enthusiasm for building and improving recruitment strategies and practices
- Passion for and proven ability to source and engage high quality candidates from diverse backgrounds and lead a highly inclusive recruitment process
Recruiting Efforts Inbound
- Excitement to be an ambassador for EnPowered and our core values and culture
- Hands-on experience with full-cycle recruiting (role scoping through to onboarding hand-off) using various interview techniques and evaluation methods
- An excellent ability to engage with all levels of the organization and candidates from a variety of backgrounds in a way that drives collaboration, accountability, and enthusiasm
Recruiting Efforts Outbound
- The experience to know what it takes to cold outreach for certain positions and engage with people on Linkedin
- Are keen to keep track and participate in both virtual hiring events and sponsorship opportunities to get the EnPowered name into the tech community
Data Collection and Management
- Knowledge of how to optimize and effectively leverage Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) for candidate engagement, data collection and process automation - we are currently assessing ATS systems and would love your input!
What we offer
EnPowered has health benefits, a remote first work environment, regular team bonding events, a competitive salary and stock options.
Please let us know if you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process